Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A word from Chris Nye about tonight’s vote count

Thank you so much to everybody who has made this a great experience for me and my family. The final tally isn’t done but early returns appear to show that I will soon be a University Place City Councilmember.

I ran for office because I want to help solve problems that appropriately belong in front of our City Council (let’s make sure we’re working on the right problems!).  This is a non-partisan office, and the organization works best if a group of strong leaders with conviction, energy and ideas understand the objective and work toward a common goal.  I look forward to working with whoever can help to resolve issues, without regard to their political affiliations.  I am grateful that so many voters and organizations across the political spectrum agree with this vision.